What is expected of the Grant?
The objective is to assist storytellers and creatives to make a difference. Creation of an exhibition or short video showcasing the project and story with potentially additional content milestones throughout the project. Deliverables for the project will be defined in an agreed project plan on selection for the project.
How will the funds be allocated/dispersed?
That's up to you to let us know. Based on which tier of funding you've nominated on your application form please provide us with your budget breakdown, allocated to milestones on the project. You will be asked to provide documentation and expenditure updates throughout the project. You will be accountable to utilise the funds according to budget.
Who owns the content after creation?
Will CameraPro's branding be added to the content?
CameraPro does expect to be provided credit on social media or other distribution per an agreed plan.
Where will my work be posted?
Our CameraPro platforms, media platforms, Electronic and print work, with potential for a presentation and/or an exhibition.
Can I post the content to my own social media?
Yes, the more exposure the better we think!
Will CameraPro give me gear to use?
We are happy to look into providing in-kind gear rental as part of the budget.
Who will be judging the entries?
There will be up to 5 judges giving critique to applications.
Will there be more grants in the future?
We hope to run the grant annually. Express your interest via the email sign up form here to be kept up to date.
What happens if I can't complete the project in the allocated time?
You'll be communicating with us along the way and in the event of content, milestones and/or deliverables not being reached we just need to keep the dialogue open.
How do I submit my application?
Will I have to present the project to a group?
Providing a presentation is part of the final deliverables to help spread awareness of your cause. We are hoping to also host an exhibition as well.
How many projects can I apply with?
We are accepting a maximum of 2 projects per person.
How and when will I be contacted to know if I'm successful?
We will call you email you with the good news on the 30th October 2019. Unsuccessful candidates will be contacted via email.
Who can I contact with questions?
You can contact our Explorer's Grant coordinator, Telan, via email@example.com or (07) 3333 2900.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Eligibility for the “CameraPro Explorers Grant” promotion (“Promotion”) organized by CameraPro Pty Ltd (ABN 87 134 765 521) of 232 Arthur Street, Newstead QLD 4006 (“Promoter”) shall be subject to, among other things, entrants’ acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes from part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, agencies, dealers and retailers associated with CameraPro Pty Ltd (“Promoter”) and this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The Application period commences on 1st July 2019 and closes at 11.59PM AEST on 30th September 2019 (“Application Period”).
5. To enter, the individual must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.camerapro.com.au, follow the prompts to the entry page and submit an idea/concept for an artistic project involving photography and video, which includes answering the selection criteria questions, inputting all of the request details (including their first name, last name, state, valid email address, telephone number, Facebook username, Instagram username, any other social links or examples of previous work or their portfolio URL (as applicable)), and uploading any applicable documents, and then submit the fully completed entry form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions committed by entrants may be accepted at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Any non-enforcement by the Promoter of any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserve its legal rights to claim and/or recover damages and/or other compensation from such entrant
7. All incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following conditions: a. Each entry must be substantially unique; b. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and c. A maximum of two (2) entries per person is permitted.
9. If there is any dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually and independently judged based on the literary and creative merit of the proposed idea/concept, including but not limited to, quality of pitch project idea, quality of the entrant’s photography and video work submission, quantity of social media following, originality of project and the entry’s overall alignment with the Promoter’s needs.
11. The judging will take place at CameraPro Pty Ltd, 232 Arthur Street, Newstead QLD 4006
12. The winners will be notified in writing and by telephone on the 30th November 2019.
13. There is AUD $25,000 in grant money to be awarded in the Promotion. The judges will determine the number of winners, and the amount of grant money to be awarded to each winner, based on the quantity and quality of applications received. (“Grant”) Funds will be provided for production and to donate directly to the cause. AUD $10,000 is allocated to travel and production, AUD $10,000 is allocated to donating to causes and AUD $5,000 is allocated to promotion of the winning projects with CameraPro.
Payments will be progressively made to the Winning Entrant/s during the Project as expenditure occurs. Full Tax Invoice Documentation will be required showing Project Expenditure from the Grant Funds.
14. Each winner will be allocated a Grant based on: (a) the idea/concept submitted in an entry; and (b) how much it will cost to execute an idea/concept. The judges will also determine, in their sole discretion, any CameraPro products required to execute a winner’s idea/concept and whether a winner is to be gifted or loaned these CameraPro’s product subject to further agreement in writing. Any Grant shall be used in accordance with each winner’s idea/concept submitted at the time of entry.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings, audio, video and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
a. They will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 18, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. Their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
c. They will obtain and provide full prior written consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
d. They will obtain full prior consent from any person who was jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
e. They consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
f. They will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
17. Entrants retain copyright in their Content. By submitting the Content to the Promoter, entrants grant the Promoter and assignees exclusive license to use the Content without additional Payment to the Grant for a period of 12 months, and then a non-exclusive and perpetual licence to use the Content without payment for marketing purposes worldwide. This permission extends to publication and reproduction in media, on catalogues, posters, postcards, publications, on the internet. Where possible, entrants will receive credits with each use.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant will provide photographs of the project to CameraPro as required during the Production Process for promotional purposes.
19. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate and (c) recoup funds allocated.
The Entrant will provide a Production Schedule for the Project and Content Creation outlining all significant dates and milestones leading up until final Project Completion by April 30 2019. A monthly Project Status Report will be provided each month outlining activities, feedback and risks to the Project Completion.
20. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; or (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant.
23. As a condition of accepting the prize, winners must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including, but not limited to, a Reciprocal Agreement and legal release and indemnity form.
25. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants shall submit any lawsuits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.