Compact cameras combine performance, simplicity, convenience and spontaneity in the palm of your hand. Beautiful, high-resolution images can be captured with minimal effort using high quality compact system cameras, which allow you to travel light, move with ease and go less noticed. Compact digital cameras are an ideal choice for beginners, travellers, street shooters and even professionals wanting a camera that they can carry anywhere, anytime—particularly when a smartphone just won’t cut it.
Good Things in Small Packages
There are many compact cameras on the market, but CameraPro stocks only high quality models capable of delivering excellent picture quality. Just as impressive is the variety of features now available to compact camera buyers, from touchscreens to face tracking and high definition or even 4K video.
Advantages of Compact Digital Cameras
- With a built-in lens, simpler functions and pocketable size, a compact or ‘point and shoot’ camera is usually the first camera for beginners and often a second, everyday camera for experienced photographers.
- Compact cameras are a significant step up from a smartphone or action cam; their larger sensors and better lenses provide much higher picture quality, while their more advanced functions (and the option to engage full manual mode) afford greater creative control.
- For those who prefer to let the camera take the reins, virtually all compact cameras feature auto modes that can still produce stunning results.
How to Choose the Best Compact Camera
- The best compact digital camera for you depends on your style of photography, budget, and personal preference: do you plan to photograph landscapes, architecture, portraits, wildlife, or everything in between? This will help determine what sort of zoom range you need. Will you be shooting in dim conditions and/or do you want the highest picture quality possible? If yes, you’ll want a camera with a large sensor (ideally 1” or bigger) and a large maximum aperture (e.g. f/1.7 to f/2.8).
- Physical features: environmental sealing, a viewfinder (good for prolonging battery life and keeping an eye on your surroundings), built-in flash (handy for indoor or night-time photography) and a tilting or fold-out screen (helpful for shooting in an awkward position/lighting, video recording, and taking selfies) should also be considered, as these will affect the camera’s performance and usability in different situations. The same goes for functions such as video recording, Wi-Fi compatibility, touchscreens, and file format.
Buy Compact Cameras from CameraPro
At CameraPro we stock the best compact digital cameras from leading brands such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony and Fujifilm. Each one is covered by a full Australian manufacturer’s warranty, giving you peace of mind and after sales support, should you need it.
Our website is full of tips and info designed to help you decide which compact camera to buy, and to teach and support you after you’ve made your purchase. Need more advice? Visit one of our showrooms to get hands-on with our display cameras or get in touch with our friendly team (all photographers like you!) online or over the phone.